Getting error when running Simple Demo

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Edited Dec 11, 2014 at 5:16 PM
I tried to run Simple demo from based on instruction from CNTKBook. But I got the error as shown in the following.
C:\Users\user\Source\Repos\cntk\CNTKSolution\x64\Release>cn.exe config=Simple\Si
mple.config
running on user-PC at 2014/12/12 01:04:55
command line options:
config=Simple\Simple.config

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RAW CONFIG (VARIABLES NOT RESOLVED) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< RAW CONFIG (VARIABLES NOT RESOLVED)  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RAW CONFIG WITH ALL VARIABLES RESOLVED >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< RAW CONFIG WITH ALL VARIABLES RESOLVED <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PROCESSED CONFIG WITH ALL VARIABLES RESOLVED >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
configparameters: global:config=Simple\Simple.config
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< PROCESSED CONFIG WITH ALL VARIABLES RESOLVED <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<
command: train
precision = float
EXCEPTION occurred: configparameters: required parameter missing: global:train
I already copy all of required files which are mentioned in Documentation into appropriate folder.

I am beginner for this Toolkit.

Maybe someone can give a solution. Thank you in advance
Dec 12, 2014 at 3:09 AM
The command should be
cn.exe configFile=Simple\Simple.config
(replace config by configFile)
Dec 12, 2014 at 3:23 AM
Yes. We noticed this typo in the introduction chapter and will fix it soon.
Nov 11, 2015 at 6:13 AM
I am trying to run Simple.config from a build from git, and I encounter this error:
configparameters: required parameter missing: simple.config:train
Stepping through with the debugger, the config seems to be loaded without any issues, but this call in DoCommand throws an exception:
DisableLegacyUsage(config, command);
Nov 11, 2015 at 5:15 PM
The error message seems to suggest that the config file is not correctly loaded? you might want to try with the absolute path to your config file.
Nov 11, 2015 at 7:10 PM
This was on my home machine so I don't have output handy to share, but cntk is loading the config and displaying it in the "RAW CONFIG WITH ALL VARIABLES RESOLVED" output. I will post the config and output this evening.