Apr 1, 2015 at 12:54 AM
System data:
WIndows 7 SP1 64-bit
CUDA 7.0
MSVC 2013
GTX 660 ti GPU
ACML 5.3.1 installed
64-bit release build of CNTK version e74bb831d8bd

Simple Speech Demo (TIMIT phoneme training) works well on GPU (deviceID=0) but crashes with deviceID=-1.

It worked in previous builds.

Richard
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2015 at 8:47 AM
I added it back for backward compatibility. It should work now. Alternatively, you can use deviceId=CPU instead.
Apr 1, 2015 at 4:06 PM
At 01:25 AM 4/1/2015, you wrote:
I added it back for backward compatibility. It should work now. Alternatively, you can use deviceId=CPU instead.

I am still having trouble with deviceID=-1 as well as deviceID=CPU.

I built from your latest source 07dad0477f01. In both debug and release builds it crashes with deviceID=CPU. Running the debug build of cn.exe I get the following dialog:

[]

I did not #define USE_MKL or change the sources in any way before building in MSVC 2013.

Also, I always seem to have to build the CNTKMath project before building the whole solution. Possibly a dependency is not set up?

Richard
Apr 1, 2015 at 4:23 PM
In CPU mode, I get a crash at line 637 of cn.cpp. The following dialog appears:

[]

I did not define USE_MKL (ACML 5.3.1 is installed).

Richard

At 01:47 AM 4/1/2015, you wrote:

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Apr 1, 2015 at 7:48 PM
I discovered a misconfiguration of my MSVC which caused the reported crash. I had installed Intel Composer Studio but it wasn't configured correctly.

Problem solved...

Sorry for false alarm,
Richard
Marked as answer by rbhodges on 4/1/2015 at 12:48 PM